Essential Oils which are being used by people across the world come with a good deal of benefits for health due to which they are still going strong. Let us have a glance on the advantages that you can enjoy when you use essential oils. Here are they:
1. As tea tree oil is extracted from Australian plant Melaleuca alternifolia, it can be used for curing skin problems like blemishes, scars, etc. Apply it on your skin by using cotton and see the exceptional improvement on your skin quality and look out an out beautiful everyday.
2. Lavender is also well known since ages for an effective skin treatment. Moreover it can even diminish the stress hormones in your blood. You can use a few drops of Lavender oil while bathing to feel relaxed at night. You can also take some droplets of it in your hands and then inhale it to feel better than before.
3. Calendula in the form of essential oil can be used for healing the spots and other flaws on sensitive skin. Like Lavender, you can also few drops of Calendula by mixing with water while taking bath and get cured of psoriasis.
4. You're probably familiar with chamomile used as a tea, but the essential oil has similar properties. It's particularly well known for its relaxing effects, which is why the tea is popular to drink before bed. Add to the effect with a few drops of the oil on your pillowcase.
5. "Peppermint purifies and stimulates the mind. It also can increase mental alertness,” Scarpelli advised. "Dr. William N. Denver of the University of Cinncinati found that inhaling peppermint oil increased mental accuracy by 28 percent.” Peppermint oil is also one of just a handful of oils that can be taken internally, which is fortunate because it’s a great recipe to help indigestion — just mix a few drops in water and drink.
6. Nina Nelson of the blog Shalom Mama says that frankincense is a must-have essential oil in her home. She uses it both for relaxation, such as in baths, and to help minor cuts and bug bites heal more quickly. "Frankincense has been used for thousands of years,” Scarpelli said. "It can be used for depression, inflammation, immunity, and to increase spiritual awareness."
7. You may have heard of oil of oregano as a flu fighter. This strong-tasting oil has naturally antibacterial qualities, which is why many think it can help to fight colds and other sicknesses. It is taken topically, often by putting a few drops on the tongue — the taste isn't pleasant but many people swear by it during flu season.
8. "Lemon oil can be used not only to detox the body but it can also help with acne,” Scarpelli said. If you want a healthy boost in alertness, a bit of lemon oil mixed 50:50 with a carrier is a great way to give your head a lift. Because of its uplifiting properties, lemon essential oil is also good for increasing focus and concentration. As a bonus, it can help keep fleas away when used on your pets.
9. Another citrus oil, grapefruit essential oil has properties similar to lemon oil. It's a great choice for people experiencing fatigue and it can help you deal with the effects of jet lag. It's also a natural antiseptic so you can add it to your homemade household cleansers to keep your home safe and clean.
10. This is a great oil to have on hand if you get frequent colds or suffer from allergies that affect your breathing and make you congested. "Eucalyptus can be used to relieve sore muscles and help clear sinuses,” Scarpelli said. "It also has many antibacterial properties and has been known to stimulate the immune system." Use it in a vaporizer to loosen up a congested chest or apply it diluted to the inside of your nose to relieve nasal congestion. But never ingest it or use it on your skin undiluted, as it can be irritating.